Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dabbling in Veganism

So for the past 7 days I have dabbled in veganism the best I can. I wanted to see what it was like and be better able to understand those people who choose to be vegan. I had been vegetarian be.fore but I never thought I could give up dairy. Giving up meat is not really that much of a problem. I might miss chicken and turkey but its not really all that difficult for me to live without. This whole week I was focused on dairy: does this have milk in it? type of thing. I have experienced symptoms of withdrawl from dairy though. My entire body aches and I've had a headache for almost the whole week. But overall, I feel a lot better. I do, however, get sugar cravings now. I have learned the difficulties of shopping and eating as well as coordinating life while being vegan, sure I have only gone a week but I am considering making this permanent. I like it. I will never give up my leather jacket though, plus its not like I bought it new, it died before I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment