Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hijacking the Movement

I have several pet peeves when it comes to feminism.  It is my religion and I act like a Christian when someone says "god damn."

1.) Men claiming feminism.  Feminism was created for and by women.  Men can support the movement by say, doing what women tell them.  Too many men seem to think that they can have an input or ideas.  Worse, some men even expect feminism to help them--to fight 'men's issues.'  If men need reform, they are the ones in power, they can change it themselves.

2.) "Myths of Feminism"  All too often I hear that its a myth for feminists to hate men, not shave, be ugly, etc.  Well, though not all feminists are these things, many still qualify.  I identify as a man-hater and a feminist; I shave when necessary and I dont think I'm pretty.

3.) Humanism parading as Feminism.  This new craze is to call movements for LGBT rights, disability rights, multiculturalism, and even 'men's rights'.  If you want equal rights for all people call yourself a humanist, NOT A FEMINIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment